Internet has emerged out to be an information super highway connecting millions of people around the globe. Thus, it also possesses enormous capabilities to make your business reach out to numerous of your target markets worldwide.
It doesn’t matter if you are a big business that has a global audience or a small local business; internet marketing offers you the best promotional efforts that make it one of the fastest growing sectors today. Some of the statistics which point out to the status of this rapidly growing medium are –
- Only 18% of TV ad campaigns generate a positive ROI.
- Newspapers are facing circulation declines at a rapid rate.
- Not many people listen to the “Radio” now unless it’s their own station on Pandora.
- The outdoor advertising is seeing the most expeditious slump in the recent years.
But Internet marketing has grown from a subtle 16.1% share in the advertising industry to a substantial 23.1% share in 2015.
Furthermore 1 of 4 dollars spent globally was spent on the Internet and the market for digital content will surpass $500 billion mark by the year 2019 which illustrates convincingly that why you need to get online, get social and get mobile.
Some of the more prominent reasons for increasing investment on the internet marketing are –
- Wide reach – The internet has broken all the geographical barriers.
- Target oriented – Advertise only on those websites that are specific to your niche.
- Quick conversion – The consumers can purchase your products then and there.
- Conspicuously informative – All the details pretend by you can be easily accessible.
- Cost-effective – The pay per click advertising allows a marketer to only pay when the potential customer visits his website or looks through the product that is being sold.
- Measureable – Finally one can easily measure the effectiveness of your advertising with tracking analytics.
With an ever increasing competition in the retail environment, the most essential element involved is consumer engagement for a winning edge but it is also really challenging. The Nielsen Global Connected Commerce Survey conducted interviews in 26 countries to observe how consumers are using the Internet to make shopping decisions in stores and online. They reported that due to the internet and e-commerce, shoppers are increasingly looking to purchase internationally, with over 50% in the study who purchased online in the last six months stating they bought from an overseas retailer Hence using an Omni-channel strategy is becoming increasingly important for enterprises to adapt to the changing expectations of consumers who are wanting ever-more sophisticated offerings throughout the purchasing journey and this is where the internet is becoming a fundamental component.
Channels of Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing is facilitated through various modes and it’s an added advantage to the ROI because one can select the channel which gives the maximum output with minimum input. Some of the ready and most popular channels used are –
Email Marketing – It is the cheapest form of marketing and also a way to rapidly communicate a message such as their value proposition to existing or potential customers.
Social Media Marketing – It has emerged as the most important facet of digital marketing. The use of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, etc.) to market a product or service is called Social Media Marketing. It is a procedure wherein strategies are made and executed to draw in traffic for a website or to gain attention of buyers over the web using different social media platforms.
Online PR (Video advertising) –This type of marketing has seen an increase in popularity over time. It involves advertising in terms of digital/online means which are advertisements that play on online videos e.g. YouTube videos. Online Video Advertising usually consists of three types: Pre-Roll advertisements which play before the video is watched, Mid-Roll advertisements which play during the video, or Post-Roll advertisements which play after the video is watched.
Risks taken when you ignore Digital Marketing :-
- You lack the 24/7 global connectivity and of course the current trend is of globalization!
- The potential and existing clients for you can turn a blind eye to you.
- According to the latest online survey by Nielsen Global Online, more than 85% of the world’s online population has used the Internet to make a purchase.
- 20% of the Google searches by month are for local businesses and 46% of daily searches are for information on products and services.
- You can become a target for potential hackers too because with no one monitoring your social media ship, it’s not practically possible to catch hold of the phishers.
So, even if you weren’t born with mouse in one hand and a smartphone in other, you can still embrace internet marketing and enjoy its fruits to see your business grow in leaps and bounds.