7 Effective Ways to Increase Your Social Media Traffic and Conversions
If I talk about the blog traffic, social media is among the top 3 traffic sources. For many blogs, social media traffic is more important than search traffic and direct traffic. In reality, the amount of traffic you manage to attract from social media and the level of engagement you manage to drive from it, depends majorly on how you structure your social media posts and share your content to get more social media traffic.
Have you ever thought why social media is so important?
Because, people spend a lot of time on these social media networks, and that is what makes them the perfect medium for referrals and driving social media traffic to the website pages.
Social media drives traffic by engaging viewers and offering them useful content, connecting with the audience and get feedback.
To help you understand this better, here are some of the key points you need to keep in mind while creating a strategy for driving traffic and conversions from social media.
1. Use High Conversion Keywords: On all social networks, certain keywords generate more engagements than others. They can easily attract more clicks and, hence, can get more social media traffic. And using them intelligently can increase the visibility and effectiveness of posts on social media.
Here are some of the keywords for leading social networks:
- Facebook – Where, When, Tell Us, Inspire, Submit
- Twitter – ReTweet, Follow, Social Media, New Blog Post, Check Out
- LinkedIn – Created, Improved, Increased, Developed, Reduced, Researched
- Google – Share, Promote, Increase, Create, Discover
2. Expand your Reach with Hashtags: You definitely have seen many people use different hashtags with their social media posts and updates. Hashtags expand the reach of your posts beyond your immediate followers and help you reach new audiences.
Here’s a quick look at the optimal hashtag usage stats for the top social networks.
- Hashtags were not very effective when Facebook first started, but in the last couple of years, hashtags have been an effective source of traffic and exposure.
- You can get 593 interactions per cost if you’re using 1-2 hashtags per cost.
- But, here the irony is, if we increase the hashtags to 3-5 per month, the average interaction falls down to 416 interactions per cost.
- Tweets with hashtags attract 2x more social media traffic.
- Only 1-2 hashtags could increase the engagement by 21%.
- 40% of tweets with hashtags get retweeted.
- Hashtags are automatically added to your posts based on the content but you can edit hashtags as well.
- Google also shows a list of related hashtags that can be used to gauge the interests of your audience.
3. Use More Visual Content for more Engagement: It is no surprise that image-based contents attract more engagement as compared to the simple text-based posts. So, it is very important for you to add images, videos, vines, GIFs and other forms of visual content regularly to your posts.
There’re some stats related to visual content in different social media:
- Image-based posts attract 39% more social media traffic.
- Videos get 28% more engagement.
- Images get 94% more engagement.
- Animated GIFs get 39% more engagement.
- Images based posts attract 98% more social media traffic.
- Linking to YouTube videos results in 75% more shares.
- Including media can get you 200% more social media traffic.
4. Always Use Short and Concise Updates: Shorter updates always attract more engagement on all social networks as compared to the longer ones. This is probably because social network users have short attention spans and don’t usually have the time to read the long posts.
- Facebook posts with less than 40 characters received 80% more social media traffic than longer posts.
- The headline should be shorter than 60 characters; otherwise, the engagement fails by 18%.
- Tweets shorter than 100 characters attract 17% more social media traffic.
5. Your Blog Content should be Share-Worthy: Your social media engagement and conversion rates have a lot to do with the type of content you have written. Most of the optimization techniques will be effective only if you have written the best quality content, otherwise, techniques will not be much effective.
In general, the preferable content is the one which is highly actionable and interesting, written in a funny way. And the whole story revolves around the headlines. It is the most important part of any content to grab as much as social media traffic.
Take reference from other blogging sites, from there you can get new brainstorming blogging ideas that let you create worthy posts like interviews etc and, apart from that you can hire quality freelance writers to help you create viral content.
Apart from high-quality content, sharing free tools and resources also attracts increased engagement and social shares.
6. Identify & Amplify Top Performing Content: Content amplification is the strategy that you need to drive-in growth. Driving social media traffic and conversions from social media is not just about using random and isolated techniques. It’s equally important to identify the right channels that are sending you the social media traffic, the content that is attracting the highest engagement, and the pages on your website/blog that can be used to amplify such content for even more social media traffic.
There’re some tools that amplify your content, like TrenDemon. You can integrate it with your Google Analytics account to get real-time stats on your social content and the channels.
7. Always use a Social Media Friendly Website Structure: The structure of your website have the same impact as that of your content quality on the number of shares and social media followers. Most of the times, visitors find you either through your social media updates or from Google search results. You need to have a website structure that encourages these visitors to share your content and follow you on social media.
Driving conversions and social media traffic require a combination of tweaks to your posts and some structural changes to your website and blog. At the same time, you need to keep an eye on your social media stats to understand which content is performing well and you can leverage it to increase your overall social media engagement. If you can get this combination right, you can create the sustainable stream of high converting social media traffic to your blog or website.
Hope you’ll get some idea about how to get more conversions through social media. Let me know your opinions in the comment box below.